RE: P3D information

> link budget examples given by Phil illustrate the advantages of using
> digital technology to offset a few pounds of aluminum. This

Given the trend towards higher density living and limited antenna space,
there is another good reason to investigate digital technology.  On the
lower bands, it might be enough to make those omnis really useful, further
up, it will reduce the amount of metal in the sky needed to work the birds,
as well as increase their versatility.

Now, if we can also incorporate automatic ground station power control, we
might even keep those alligators under control! :-)