Re: Cutting TX Power out from FT736R Permanently!

This is a good idea.  For some number of years I have used a 100 foot
length of RG174 (small coax) with the distant end open, as a dummy load for
435mHz testing.  Extended TX at 75 watts will make it a bit warm, but using
a Bird 43 watt meter, the unterminated coax looks like a resistive 50 ohm
load.  The losses are so great, nothing gets "reflected."

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org