Re: Possible video over analog sats?

on 10/8/00 5:44 PM, Howard Long at howard@hanlincrest.co.uk wrote:

> As a possible 'first', how acceptable is this to give it a try in the future
> over one of the linear transponder sats for a few minutes? One problem I've
> found is that NetMeeting needs a very reliable connection to work, so some
> more investigation needs doing before I'd want to try this for real.

MMMM...

I think you may run the risk of getting spanked!  :-)

It sounds great, but I think you'll be using FM FSK, right?  If so, then
that wouldn't be too good.  You'd hog bandwidth and power.  If it's AM FSK,
well, the badwidth is more narrow, but you still have a constant carrier....

I suppose you can do anything you want.  Perhaps on some late at night pass
where there is no one else on (you call CQ for 5 minutes with no response),
then you could do it.  After all, if there is no one else there who care how
much BW and transponder power you take.

Just don't do it if there is other traffic there.

73,

Jon
NA9D
Jon Ogden