Re: "unofficial" information

At 11:39 AM 10/8/2000 -0500, Jon Ogden wrote:
>I know that things like the shuttle
>can only sit fueled for so long before they have to do it again.

I'm no rocket scientist (!), but the Shuttle's main engine runs on cryogenic propellants (liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen). That's a very different set of problems. I believe this accounts for why the Shuttle can't sit fueled for very long.

P3D's propellants are perfectly happy at room temperature or at in-orbit inrterior temperatures, which, being designed to keep the electronics happy, are only a little bit colder. As a tradeoff, P3D's main engine propellants are highly toxic and will happily explode if mixed.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org