Re: "unofficial" information

on 10/8/00 1:01 AM, Paul Williamson at kb5mu@amsat.org wrote:

>> How long can P3D sit all fueled up and not be launched?
>
> I don't know the real answer, but I'll point out that the designed mission
> plan has the fuel for the 400N bi-propellant motor sitting in the tanks for
> many months *after* launch, and the fuel for the arcjet thruster for the
> entire mission lifetime. I would guess (and hope) that a couple of weeks of
> extra time on the ground would be no big deal.

Stacy Mills pointed this out to me as well and said that the system is
designed to last for years.  My only concern was if being in a full gravity
environment had any negative effects.  I know that things like the shuttle
can only sit fueled for so long before they have to do it again.

It's good news anyhow that sitting around a couple of weeks won't cause any
problems.

73,

Jon
NA9D