From: "Richard Hoskin" <lhoskin@bigpond.com>
To: "'TAPR APRS Special Interest Group'" <aprssig@tapr.org>;
<amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>; <ozaprs@marconi.mpce.mq.edu.au>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 9:59 AM
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] SUNSAT HT success!

:
: Following on from Bobs message:
:
: I have an APRS Satellite gateway running here in Australia.
:
: Any station that is in Sunsat's footprint at the same time as VK3JFK-10
can
: uplink at 1200 or 9600 bps and with the right UIPath will be down linked
on
: to the local VHF channel. The local Igate will then gate your packet to
the
: internet.
:
: You can check the local Igates MHeard list at
: http://aprs.cloud.net.au/mheard.cgi to see if you got through the bird.
:
: Set your UIPath to APRS via APRSAT,SGATE,WIDE,VK3RPP-1
:
: Remember that in Mode B you must track Doppler on the UPLINK. "This is
: REQUIRED or you will only get in on the center of the pass for a minute or
: less. Start on 436.280 at beginning and end at .300 at the end." (Bob B)
:
: Any feedback on the success or otherwise of your transmissions would be
: appreciated.
:
: Cheers
: Richard