SUNSAT MOBILE success

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Doug Bade KB8GVQ wrote:

> I was ... on my D700 at full power on 9600.  I never saw my own position
> but I did see KB2WQM and [SUNSAT] itself.. I was impressed...
> I used a VHF quarter wave on the roof of my van, as dual band.

That antenna should be excellent (almost 8 dBi) above about 25 degrees.
Were you tracking Doppler on the UPLINK?  THis is REQUIRED or you will
only get in in the center of the pass for a minute or less.  Start on
436.280 at beginning and end at .300 at the end.

My HT with a WHIP captured your posit a few times as being a D700 "in
service" with the Kenwood ICON in grid EN91CH 324 miles NW of me with an
altitude of 961 feet and Course of 263 degrees, Speed was 0.

de WB4APR, Bob