Re: P3D information

on 10/6/00 12:10 PM, Howard Long at howard@howardlong.com wrote:

> OK, so it only spends a relatively small amount of time close to perigee.
> However, that should be enough to get some kind of idea what kind of radio
> horizon you have over a month or two.

The problem is though that from what I have seen of ground tracks of the
projected orbits that most if not all of the perigee passes will be in the
southern hemisphere.  So the bird might not even be visible to those of us
up north during that time.  I seem to recall something about the desire for
the orbit is to have it at approximately the same point overhead every 36
hours or so.

Most of the time the bird is visible in the North will be at apogee passes.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden