Re: P3D information

Link budget calculations have been done and published in QST for the last
several years.  If you look in the ARRL Satellite Anthology you will find
many articles about this.

The fact of the matter is that it is fantasy to think that you will be able
to work P3D at apogee with an Arrow antenna and a couple of watts.  FANTASY.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 10/6/00 10:17 AM, Howie DeFelice at hdefelice@petrexintl.com wrote:

> These are the type of questions that are best answered from a link budget.
> This is precisely why several of us on the reflector have asked AMSAT to
> make sure the transponders were characterized before launch. The feedback
> was that they were. We are all looking forward to seeing that information so
> we can make educated judgements on the practicality of antenna/amplifier
> combinations as well as data rates and modes of operation. Yes,
> experimenting is fun and rewarding but it is much more rewarding if you have
> a baseline in fact. I hope some of the information requested will be
> available at the upcoming symposium.
>
> Howie
> AB2S

Jon Ogden