Re: P3D information

These are the type of questions that are best answered from a link budget.
This is precisely why several of us on the reflector have asked AMSAT to
make sure the transponders were characterized before launch. The feedback
was that they were. We are all looking forward to seeing that information so
we can make educated judgements on the practicality of antenna/amplifier
combinations as well as data rates and modes of operation. Yes,
experimenting is fun and rewarding but it is much more rewarding if you have
a baseline in fact. I hope some of the information requested will be
available at the upcoming symposium.

Howie
AB2S