Re: SUNSAT PAROT Mode thought...

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, David Brown wrote:

> I just tried this on the SUNSAT parrot at 0800 UTC pass over VK. I got a
> clear 10 second window and sent out a few 9k6 packets.I heard the downlink
> at S9 and heard by ear the tell tale 'noise burst' of my replayed
> transmission, but nothing decoded on the TNC.Anybody else tried this
> with any success ?

I received Email from SUNSAT folks and it can't work.  The digital
Sampling rate of the audio A/D converter is not at a high enough rate to
accurately retain the 9600 baud waveform.  So 9600 baud won't work.  1200
will.  But I assume that such use would be politically incorrect... though
a good experiment... ;-)

de WB4APR, Bob