RE: Which is it - TIUNGSAT???

Colin, I fully agree agree with you.
And the best way I have found to determine the proper keps is to use a CPA
measurement (Closest Point of Approach) based on a Doppler shift
measurement.
Measuring a Doppler shift null looks more accurate than :
- trying to use the orientation of the aerial (knowing that on VHF or UHF
bands, the beam of the antenna is too large to accurately select one
particular object),
- measuring the AOS or LOS time (because it depends on local parameters like
buildings, hills, height of rx antenna)
So the method consists in accurately measuring at what time (hh:mn:ss) the
Doppler shift goes from positive to negative values, and then select the UNK
keps which give the closest predictions about that Doppler null.

Cheers

Jean-Louis F6AGR