TM-D700 & Pacsats

Anyone got this to work reliably?

My TM-D700 connected (got G6LVB OK from KO-25 & TO-31 with no problem), but
then sits with no data coming from the built in TNC at all (according to my
RS-232 checker).

Another quick one - am I right to say that Wisp DDE won't work the TM-D700
doppler whilst it's talking to Wisp? I'm guessing there's no way to switch
on the TNC and computer control the frequency simultaneously.

73 Howard G6LVB