Re: P3D information

Bruce Paige <kk5do@AMSAT.Org> wrote:

>it still makes me wonder....
>
>why do some require actual transponder activation times now? why do
>some need to know pre-launch keps?

If people want to get an idea of coverage areas, ground tracks
and such, keps for the kind of orbit planned for P3D have
been widely published.

You could also do what I did: take published apogee,
perigee and orbital inclination numbers, make some
educated guesses on the others (e.g. argument of perigee),
sit down with a pocket calculator and a standard
reference like Bate, Mueller and White and work them
out for yourself.

I too am baffled by the second-guessing that's going on
over transponders. Let's get the blasted thing in orbit
first. Then we'll also have *real* keps, the best kind!

                                   - Hospital/Shafte