Re: is there an schedule of event for after the lauchof P3D?

on 10/3/00 10:29 PM, purl noid at purlnoid2k@hotmail.com wrote:

> Thanks very much for the information you provided.  However, I don't
> subscribe to magazines like this, at this point.  (not QST, 73, or
> AmsatJ...) and I'm sure they're great for this sort of thing...
>
> What I'm looking for is detail that can be found for FREE ;-)  Why should I
> have to buy a magazine to get a schedule on the events planned for P3D?
> Although I'm sure all the printed info in these mags has been wonderful...
>
> I am wondering why the info is not being published on the web someplace
> where we can get at it....?  If it is there, where ?

Why don't you join AMSAT and or the ARRL?  That way you can financially
support those institutions that make ham radio work.  If everyone just
wanted "free" information, we'd have no members to support our projects.
Sure membership is not required to use the birds, but everyone that helps
support AMSAT is helping to ensure that very expensive projects like P3D,
ARISS and what not will keep coming our way.  Someone has to pay for these
toys, yet everyone gets to use them.

To answer your question as to why it's not available, I think I have
answered a lot of that.  Secondly, I don't think an exact timeline has been
established yet.

73,

Jon
NA9D