RE: so-35 parrot

> Those of you that are subscribed to this list that speak Spanish....
>
> When you hear the bootleg operators speaking Spanish on the
> Parrot, this is
> your chance to tell them they are operating illegally. Since they are
> transmitting on the same frequency as the parrot will be
> receiving and
> retransmitting their signal, (personally, I think this will
> work). Tell them that we
> are now capable of monitoring their signal and tracking them
> down. They
> must stop using this frequency.
>
> Hopefully this breif opportunity we have in 2m up and the
> same freq down will
> allow us to accomplish an amateur only frequency.
>
> I hope all my Spanish speaking friends will help in this. Of
> course, if this
> problem exists in other parts of the world, you might try the
> same tactic with
> them. They will have absolutely no idea that we can hear them
> and when they
> hear us, they will think we are just as close to them as the
> buddy they are
> talking with.

Hmm, I'll keep an ear out for Asian stations on the parrot.  Tonight may be
a prime opportunity, with a pass to the west, which is likely to suffer from
Asian QRM..  Only hitch is a significant language barrier.  I know a few
people that speak some of the languages of the region, but none are hams.
:-(