Re: TLM and KSS files for MYSAT3

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your observations.  I have redirected your mail to the Mission
Control Centre for their information.

73

Sangat, 9M2SS

At 22:00 02/10/00 -0400, Alan K. Adamson wrote:
>Does anyone know if the TLM or KSS files from MYSAT3 are needed by any of
>the ground control team?
>
>I copied the entire pass over Atlanta, GA last night, an 86 degree pass and
>here are some observations.
>
>a) don't know if stabilization is running yet, but the signal with Preamps
>on a new set of M2 sat ants was only about 20over at the peak.  TO-31 on the
>same setup is usually 60 over
>
>b) I captured the entire pass in both TLM and KSS format (can do Kiss2asc)
>if necessary
>
>c) sigs were better towards LOS than they were from AOL to the peak (sorry,
>don't know the right terms)  I didn't even look to see if it was a N-S pass,
>or a S-N pass :-(... Sorry.
>
>d) Keps might have come into play on signal rates.  I did sweep left and
>right and up and down and noticed that it was pretty well centered with the
>revised object number change.
>
>e) I noticed one huge freq difference, to center the Discriminator on an
>847, I had to put in 2300+ hertz offset from the 325 freq.
>
>So there you have it.  If the TLM and KSS files are of use to anyone, just
>point me to the right source.
>
>Alan
>
>----

Sangat Singh, 9M2SS
111, Jln. Terasek Lapan
Bangsar Baru
59100 KUALA LUMPUR (MALAYSIA)
Tele: 60 3 + 2284 8873
Fax: 603 + 2282 7373
H/P: 017 884 9405

IMPORTANT:  Please note the change in telephone numbers qith immediate
effect.

E-mail:  <sangat@pop.jaring.my>
	<tiung@po.jaring.my>

http://www.atmsb.com.my