Re: RS-13 Frequencies

As long as it's  CW!   One suggestion to anyone trying to use an FM
rig to send CW with,  turn off the P.L..  The note will clear up
considerably.
SOme of those rigs have terrible chirps, others don't.  It's  just a
matter of
experimentation.  A couple of my  FM  rigs sound pretty good on CW,
others
don't. (I'm sure the stations who worked me on Oscar 10 when I first got
on
there on CW with my Heathkit  HW-24  can attest to that!!!!  What a
chirp!
But it worked!  Made about 15-20  QSO's with it before moving on to a
better
setup.) I have used the  Regency HR-2B, ICom 230, HW-24, Alinco DJ-500 HT
on CW.

FM voice would be pretty much a waste, especially with an HT.  The
downlink
isn't like the FM birds, the signal is not S9 most of the time.

One other idea,  if you can find an Ameco  TX-62 transmitter, they work
great for
a 2 meter CW transmitter and they are pretty darned cheap on the
second-hand
market.  If you're  REAL lucky, you might find the VFO to go with it.
The VFO that I
had was very stable.  I used one of these for years on mode A, they put
out about
40 watts or so.

73,
John, K6YK