Re: RS-13 Frequencies

 "James R. Duffey" writes:

> At the risk of seeming to encourage poor signals on the air, I recommend you
> go ahead and try to make Mode A contacts by keying the PTT on your FM radio.

Thats how I got started, but in a slightly less safe way. Tapping the top
of the old mechanical relay that switched the HT (in this instance it means
High Tension) to a Progress-line mobile rig. If you got sleepy and missed
the relay armature, the 300 volts soon woke you up.

That was on Oscar-6 (from 8P6DR) ... happy days.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188