Re: SSTV on transponder sats

SSTV,  SSB or FM

If you are using a satellite considered to be a SSB satellite
then you can run SSB SSTV.
SSB SSTV does not use any more bandwidth than normal SSB voice
transmission.
And some SSTV images require only 36 seconds of transmission time.
So you will not be hogging a ssb bird if u use Robot-36 sstv mode.

If you are using a satellite considered an FM satellite
then you can run FM SSTV.
Note, since FM birds are usually over loaded i would not recommend
sstv fm during prime time.  try making schedules for 1-4 am week days
when the bird is not being used.

I do not recommend using FM SSTV on a SSB satellite.

IMHO

Mir and ISS

Mir will be active with SSTV during manned crew missions in 2001
(145.985 FM Simplex).

The Radios for ISS have been delivered, but the sstv software will not
be delivered until
some time late 2001.  The ISS SSTV system will have full two way FM
SSTV and an optional SSTV repeater and slid show modes.

Miles