Re: 3b6rf dxpedition delayed

on 10/1/00 7:58 PM, Bruce Paige at kk5do@AMSAT.Org wrote:

> this affects us satellite ops, not only the hf ops. no dxpedition this year as
> planned.
> 73...bruce

There's a positive side to this.  By May, when they go back, P3D will be up
in orbit and possibly somewhat functional.  Even with its "perturbed"
intermediate orbit, P3D may give us North American ops a much better chance
of working the island.  I'm not sure of the footprint, but it's better than
AO10's.  It may be impossible anyhow since that area of the world is pretty
much the antipode of the USA.

73,

Jon
NA9D