SSTV on transponder sats

All,

I've seen the comments on the RS-13 thread.

Although I've not tried it myself, I have heard SSTV on the transponder
sats. Generally I'm not aware of this being thought of as bad practice,
although I may be wrong.

So my question is: What's the difference between running SSTV and FM voice
when it comes to bandwidth and power budget?

Let me make it clear, I'm certainly not promoting FM voice on transponder
sats at all!

73 Howard G6LVB