FO-20 in shadow

Hey guys,

FO-20 seems to be working fine in shadow tonite.  I just spend the first
half or better of the last pass talking to myself.  Signals were in the 57
to 59 range from the bird and sounded stable.  I did have to use LHCP on the
downlink at all times and I started out in LHCP on the uplink, moved to RHCP
and then my signal completely dropped just after half the pass.  I thought
the bird died.  But I switched my uplink back to LHCP and boom! the signals
were back strong.

It had been in shadow for some time.

Perhaps people are missing the polarization shifts?  Perhaps this indicates
the bird is tumbling more than we thought?  But I saw no signs of the
batteries not operating.

I wish someone else would have been on though.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden