Re: RS-13 Frequencies

Hi Roger and James:

After rereading the messages, and trying to figure out why Roger had
interpreted my response the way that he did, I discovered that **I** screwed
up.  I had clipped the wrong quote to respond to.  I was PO'd that someone
would recommend that a newcomer, or anyone else, should "...but why not just
try FM on the top end
of the passband?  That's where most of the phone qsos are anyway.  I'm
sure someone will return your call."

I clipped the wrong quote.  I am very sorry.  Yes, I know how to read, I
just let my anger get in the way.

RE:  "...... I recommend you go ahead and try to make Mode A contacts by
keying the PTT on your FM radio."

James' suggestion is a good one.  Many of us got started this way, me
included.  Tony's suggestion is very good also, and will make operating CW
with a converted FM rig, much more enjoyable.

FM operation on a linear satellite is entirely different, and only a Moron
would do it, knowing that it was not an "FM Bird"

Please accept my apology.  My anger was not intended for either of you.

73,

Woody
KJ4SO