RE: RS-13 Frequencies

> I know I'll be chastised for this...but why not just try FM
> on the top end
> of the passband?  That's where most of the phone qsos are
> anyway.  I'm sure
> someone will return your call.

Besides the obvious waste of bandwidth and transponder power (though down
here, it could be argued that both are in good supply, given the lack of
QSOs!), I doubt many people would notice the call, since they'd be listening
in SSB mode, and the birds tend to suffer from QRM by non amateur stations.
:)