RE: OmniDirectional Antenna

> I have built one of Jerry (K5OE)'s TPM II's... Awesome
> antenna, picked up SunSat on a 7 degree max el pass better at
> some points than my 12 El Yagi.... Was wondering if anybody
> had any other designs that were
> as good, I am really anxious to build another Omni.

I use a linearly polarised version on my portable beam.  it really pulls in
the 70cm downlink, in fact, I often hear the birds (SO-35 and UO-14) well
before I can access them on the 2m uplink with 5W (into the on board 2 el
Yagi).

It also pulls in the SSB birds well, I have used it for a couple of public
satellite demos on the Fujis.