From: "Bent Bagger" <oz6bl@fern.dk>
To: "The Amsat Bulletin Board" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2000 8:13 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] DSP-12 - a good P3D 400 Bd TLM receive modem

: Now is the time to dust of that DSP-12 which is sitting on your shelf and
: prepare for the upcoming launch of P3D, because here is some good news for
: all you DSP-12 owners: I have uploaded a modified version of the 400 Bd
: PSK modem for the DSP-12 to the following URL:
:
: ftp://ftp.tapr.org/dsp/Motorola/dsp56001/dsp-12.
:
: The modification consists of a change to the software so that it sends 514
: bytes rather than 512 to the listening program. In this way also the CRC
: bytes will get transmitted to the listening program.
:
: The modified modem has been tested by Stacey Mills, W4SM, and he has this
: to say about the modem:
:
: "I burned the new eproms and checked out the 400 baud PSK demodulator with
: 514 byte capacity. It works very well... Actually, very, very well. In
: fact, doing some tests with some 400 baud PSK wave files that I have
: generated, having a calibrated background noise, the DSP-12 functioned as
: well or better than any other modem I have tested"
:
: The file gce201.zip contains these files:
:
: READ.ME
: GCE.V40 - Executable that may be downloaded to the DSP-12
: GCE.B - PROM image for the B-PROM. Checksum: $1900
: GCE.D - PROM image for the D-PROM. Checksum: $5000
: GCE.F - PROM image for the F-PROM. Checksum: $4900
:
: Have fun.
:
: Best 73 de Bent/OZ6BL
: (also oz6bl@amsat.org)
:
: ----
: Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
: