Re: RS-13 Frequencies

Frank,
That sounds dead on target if you were at the end of the pass.  The
"observed" Doppler shift on 10 meters is about +3 kHz at AOS, zero at TCA
(roughly due east or due west of you), and -3 kHz at LOS.  If you are keying
your FM rig, you will need to +/- a little for the sideband offset.  That is
not a bad way to make your first contact on RS-13--but it is a lot of work!
You will find CW faster than about 7-10 wpm pretty dicey with the PTT :-))  I
have done it myself and I have worked other stations doing it.  Heck, I've
even done it on AO-10; one time with an Arrow antenna and a mobile rig.
73,
Jerry, K5OE