2.4GHz Downconverter and Dish

I have purchased a 2.4GHz downconverter and a 2X3 dish for use with ATV
Reception.  The person who sold it to me, informs me that using it for P3D
will be a non-issue as well.  (Evidently, it's very broadbanded).

Anyway, the question has arised in mind, that since this dish is actually
Vertically polarized (Though capable of 24dbi gain), is it worth my time to
stick it on the sat array for P3D?  Will the vertical polarisation be
sufficient, or do I need to investigate alternate antennas?

Thanks,
Dave, N8KXA