Re: Two Meter Truobles!

on 9/29/00 6:56 AM, Mark L. Hammond at hammond@surrealnet.net wrote:

>> I am wondering if the preamp died while being powered up all day.  Does
>> anyone know how the reliability of the ARR amps are?  My 432 is a Down East
>
> I have an ARR preamp for 435.  It has been powered up nearly 24/7 for
> what--almost 4 or 5 years now??

Sounds like they are good!  I got an e-mail from ARR.  Replacement GaAs Fets
are $11.50 each.  Pretty cheap to buy a couple if you ask me.

> Depending on how long you've had yours, it may be under warranty.

Nope.  Bought it on E-Bay.

> Did you transmit high RF through yours?  They are a tad picky about how
> much RF they will pass...

It's possible.  But I can't figure out when it would have been.  The only
way would have been if I used a radio other than my FT-847 or if my PTT line
had come unattached.  But neither happened.

Oh well......

73,

Jon
NA9D