Re: OmniDirectional Antenna

on 9/29/00 3:17 AM, Matt Donohoe at TheRelic@dingoblue.net.au wrote:

> I have built one of Jerry (K5OE)'s TPM II's... Awesome antenna, picked up
> SunSat on a 7 degree max el pass better at some points than my 12 El Yagi....
> Was wondering if anybody had any other designs that were
> as good, I am really anxious to build another Omni.

I doubt an omni is ever going to be better than the main lobe of the 12 El
Yagi.  What you probably were seeing is that the bird was in a side lobe of
the yagi or you didn't track it accurately.

A Yagi with it's main lobe pointed at the bird will 100 times out of 100
times destroy an omni with performance.

73,

Jon
NA9D