Two Meter Truobles!

Hi all,

Well, I solved the problem with my two meter beam.  It turned out that the
N-connector I put on the feedline was bad.  I found this out last night.  I
did a shoddy job putting it on I guess!  So fortunately, I don't have to
mess with the relay circuit!

Now I have a different problem.  I left the preamps powered up all night and
all day today.  Now, the 2m preamp (an ARR P144VDG) does not work.  I get
better signals with the preamp off than on!  The switching circuit is still
working though.  I have verified that.

I am wondering if the preamp died while being powered up all day.  Does
anyone know how the reliability of the ARR amps are?  My 432 is a Down East
Microwave and I am thinking of getting their 2m version.  But it would be
much easier mechanically to just replace the GaAs FET on the ARR 2m unit.
My question is if I replace the FET, will I just have to do it again and
again?  The 432 Down East unit works fine after being on all night and all
day.

Or does anyone have a spare P144VDG they want to part with?

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden