WiSP, AO10 & FM sats

Well.  I have quite a lot of things to ask.  I know I have asked this before
but didn't get any response.  Do any satellite tracking software tell you
the doppler shift on both the uplink and downlink freqs.  I know some of the
software will calculate it and automatically adjust the freqs in a CAT rig -
but I have an old radio which I have to tune by hand so would liek the
numbers to be displayed.

I have put "nominal" freqs into the satellites I am interested in for WiSP
under the Setup|Satellite Setup option.

There is a "Doplr" space in the main window and a "Doppler" space in the
Graphics tracking window [after I finally got the program to actually work]
but there in no numbers there.  How do I get the program to fill in these
numbers?

OK.  Item #2.  AO10.  I think I heard AO10's beacon yesterday but haven't
heard it before or since.  Also I cannot hear myself on the downlink.  I get
quite a number of birdies on 2m here so I find it difficult to be sure I'm
listening to a real radio signal or some weak signal interference (or even
some intermod interference).  It would be helpful if someone were able to
give a reasonably detailed description of what AO10's beacon is currently
meant to sound like, how far off 810 I should stop searching for it and
generally its current status.

FM sats.  I seem to be able to get into these for about one over again -
particularly when they are going down the eastern coast of australia.  I
have some mountains to the north and west (and a little further away to the
south also) which limit my view until they come up to about 25 to 30 degrees
on the 70cm downlink.  I belive WiSP has facilities for taking into account
surrounding high objects.  This means I will have to go back up on the roof
and actually measure the angles to the mountaintops some how in the various
directions.  I am not sure if my antenna has "holes" in its pattern.  I am
using a 5/8 ground plane tuned for 70cm for bothe the downlink (70cm) and
uplink (2m) - I expect there will be a hole when the sat is directly
overhead but otherwise these antennas don't have too much gain.

One of my biggest problems is trying to sort out real (wanted) signals from
the muck.  I seem to get some "birdies" as I have said before.  I also get
some intermodulation when I transmit.  This has thrown me a number of times.
I though I was getting a real return from UO14 for over 30 minutes ;).  Then
I turned the 70cm preamp off and it went away.  I find that with the 70cm
preamp on I get a lot of blanking on the receiver when I tune the
transmitter across the 2m band.  In some cases it blanks it out completely
with a huge signal strength and at other times I also get packet data in
with the distortion (but only when I am transmitting a carrier - I don't
have any packet gear).

Today I thought I hear a carrier from my transmitter on the AO10 downlink.
I was xmitting on 435.125 and rcving on 145.900.  I heard the signal only
when transmitting and it would change freq as I adjusted the VFO.  OK 0-
well then I adjusted my output power from 100w down to <1W and turned the
antenna side on to the satellite (90 degrees away from it).  When I keyed up
the transmitter again it was still there :(((  Must be another intermod for
my radio.

Michael