Re: IC 841 digital tuning

Jim,

> Folks,
> A while back I got some good advice on setting up the 841 for 9k6
> digital.  One of the settings was to put the radio into sat mode so the
> data showed up on the right pins on the accessory connector.  However that
> causes the VHF to tune in step with the UHF which makes tuning the downlink
> only a problem.
> Those of you using 841s for digital LEO birds, how do you work around that?

most people are not manually tuning on the digital sats.  I don't have the
manula in front of me,  but when in sat mode,  a couple of buttons on the front
panel allow you to select either the up or down link to manually tune in the
same way you would manually tune for doppler on AO-10.

-- John Melton

                Principal Systems Software Engineer
        ((      Sun Microsystems,
      (|~~|     Solaris House, Guillemont Park,
       `--'     Minley Road, Blackwater,
                Camberley, Surrey GU17 9QG, England
       JAVA     Phone: +44 1252 421708  (internal ext 21708)
                Email: john.melton@uk.sun.com