FO-20

I was just on the 12:21 UTC - 02:38 UTC pass on FO-20 on the 435.795MHz+/-  Beacon..

I am wondering, when it starts to become copyable does everything go quiet like the FM birds ? (that period as it is comming in loud and clear and seems to quieten the radio) ?

What does hearing something like this mean about my current antenna ? (I am using a 10 Element Homebrew Yagi for 436 MHz with 11.7dBi of Gain)