RE: Re: Homebrew Antenna

> > I am in Australia (VK4) and am wondering if somebody could
> share their
> > experiences of any VERY easy to make homebrew antenna, I
> would prefer either
> > 2m or 70cm, anything that I could currently use to listen to the
> > birds, voice only, I have heard that SunSat is very easy to
> hear, even with a
> > HT.
> >
> > Please foward URL's or anything else, I am trying to make a
> very crude antenna
> > here though, havent had much time to drive half way around
> Brisbane trying to
> > look for a decent antenna.
>
> What sort of radio are you using, Matt? A portable or something based
> inside? That's a pretty important start!
>
> I often work the "birds" from here on Tamborine Mountain,
> just inland from
> the Gold Coast...

I can't say I've heard you on the birds Chris.  Which ones do you work?  I'm
usually found portable on SO-35, or occasionally, UO-14, though I've had a
horror week this week, haven't managed to get on even once! :-(

I'm close to being able to work the SSB birds, just need to fiddle with the
gear a bit.