Re: P3D G3RUH 9600 telemetry decoding

Howard Long wrote:

> Now my question is is am I right in thinking I can simply hook up a MAX-232
> circuit to the modem header and plug it into my computer? If that's the case
> things will be rather simple. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing anything?

Howard and Timothy,

>From the description by James I conclude, that there is no HDLC protocol
involved.
I added to an old G3RUH 9600 Bd modem a NRZI-S(space) to NRZ converter
(two clocked D-FFs and a exclusive-NOR gate) and the RS-232 interface.
I just hope, it will work.
	Vy 73,
		Viktor
--
Dr. Viktor W. Kudielka    oe1vkw@amsat.org
AMSAT-NA LM-240;AMSAT-UK 5023;AMSAT-DL 86.830;OeVSV;RSGB