K2...&satellite operation

Hi ALL....
Following  is very interesting:
Just now at a orbit from the russian satellite for
ham-radio-use ,RS12/13 with downlink on 10m/around
29.465 Mc I copied the satellites beacon with 559 (!!!) ,strong and
clear..with the K2 !!!!
In company used at the same time the FT847 to
copy the beacon too,but  could copied with the FT847
the beacon ONLY with 329 peaks and strong
noise level,DSP from FT847 was not used,turned off...

Some reports at elecraft-reflector gives the information for use the K2 as
I.F.-unit
for EME-working....
Now...,think that is a really very good way because the  K2 is made to
observe
weak signals,many more than other radios.(...very quiet ground-noise-level
of the K2-RX !)
Could not believe that before.....I get the K2 in my shack.

Best regards,
de
Jens / HB9JOI
K2#1577