Re: digital satellite operation

Hi Jim,
Yes there is a way to work the satellites without using Wisp. If you want to go
backward, you can most likely find a copy of PB/PG somewhere. Once you learn how
to use PB/PG you will be thankful there is a program like Wisp. How can it get
better than Wisp. What other program can you start, go back to bed, or to work
and hours later check back in to Wisp and find the downloaded messages and see
that the messages you had prepared have been sent?  I cannot imagine what you do
not like about Wisp. Once you have it programed it will predict the passes,
control the antennas, upload and download messages automatically. It will
predict and track the non digital sats.
I think on the Amsat software page they still list PB/PG but if I were you I
would stick with wisp. It is used for all sats not just the digital.  We all
still owe Chris for all his work developing Wisp.
Bert    N7TKO
Gold Bar, WA