question about RHCP vs LHCP, earth relative to satellite

In looking at the pictures of the S band helix on P3-D, it appears to be to
have RHCP.  Out of curiosity, I made two or three tiny helical "antennas"
out of bread ties and a pencil :)

Anyhow, I think I have convinced myself that a RHCP antenna at the
satellite (assuming it's not a feed for a dish) requires a RHCP antenna on
the ground.

Can anybody confirm this?  Or what did I do wrong?

Thanks and 73,

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]