Re: P3d Antennas

At 02:54 PM 9/25/2000, you wrote:
>This may have been done before, but I took the P3D photo and added arrows
>to identify all the antennas and resaved it for my students.
>
>It is http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/p3dants2.jpg
>
>I GUESSED!  So if anyone wants to correct my guesses, please email me...
>thanks...  I thought there was a Helix on it somewhere, but I cant make it

The helix is the little black object right near your "146 dipoles" label,
behind the kick motor.

The helix winds through the black structure...you can see it here:
http://www.rats.fi/suomi/amsat-oh/gladisch.htm

and here:
http://www.rats.fi/suomi/amsat-oh/ant_shf/page_06.htm

LOTS of great pictures on this site....walks you right through the antennas.

73,

>out in the photo.  If I missed it, then all the other microwave bands are
>off by one...
>
>de WB4APR, Bob
>

>----

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]