Re: Want to Homebrew a Preamp

on 9/25/00 2:35 AM, Matt Donohoe at TheRelic@dingoblue.net.au wrote:

> I am wanting to homebrew a preamplifier for 144/435-437MHz..... One or two is
> fine.....
>
> Am wondering if anybody has any pages/schematics...

Down East Microwave has some REALLY nice kits for about $25 to $30 for each
band.  I have their 432 preamp in my setup and it works very well.  It's a
good 20+ dB gain with about 1.5 dB NF.  It's a GaAs FET design, which is
what you want.

Now, you'll have to build your own switching system since these are RX only.
That will take some effort to collect relays and so forth, but it's pretty
easy.  In fact, I just finished building mine and I have a lot of the ideas
still fresh in my head so I can help.

73,

Jon
NA9D