Re: Want to Homebrew a Preamp

Matt,
Suitable designs abound in the ARRL Handbook and The Satellite Operator's Handbook (both available via ARRL) and in past issue of The AMSAT Journal.  You might also want to visit the websites for Hamtronics and Ramsey for inexpensive.  I have built both:  the former ($29) is hard to build (tiny) but works well, the latter ($15) is easy to build but has only moderate gain, about 10 dB.  I have found both of these units to be sensitive to IM, not unexpected since they are simple designs with no front-end filtering.  If you live out in the 'burbs, that probably is not a major concern, but if you live in a densely populated area, it can be a big problem at 70 cm.
73,
Jerry, K5OE

<< I am wanting to homebrew a preamplifier for 144/435-437MHz..... One or two is fine.....

Am wondering if anybody has any pages/schematics...