Re: Need help with FO20 and FO29

I found part of my problem.  Although my FT-726 does not allow me to send cw with a *key* on two meters when the 70cm vfo is set to usb, I can key the rig with the microphone PTT switch.  Now, I can leave the 70cm vfo alone while I zero myself with the two meter vfo holding the mike in the same hand that I am tuning the vfo with.  It is still more switching than running cw, but it is only on the two meter vfo, not both.

I was able to hear myself several times on ssb during the last pass of FO-29 using my 11 element cushcraft for the uplink and my 70cm eggbeater for the downlink from the home station.  I couldn't find anyone to talk to though.  There was an QSO that I tried to join but I couldn't get a word in edgewise.  (The two operators were commenting about the lack of activity).

73,
Dave W8IJ
Camp Hill, PA FN10

Before you buy.