Re: Need help with FO20 and FO29

The Egg II's will work fine if you could put them on a Rotor.  I tested
this theory buy aiming them at about 30 Degrees, and then using a few rotor
turns to "Track" the bird as it flew over head.  They are great antennas,
but they truly are a compromise.  You also don't need to tell me how
expensive a pair of m2 yagis are, as I recently purchased them.  For the
full az/el combo, I think I have close to $800 invested right now.  Add a
preamp, and we're up to a cool grand.

A suggestion though.  If you really enjoy building antennas, why not build
yourself a pair of 70cm yagis.  Set up a wiring harness to allow them to be
configured for RHCP.  What you'll notice immediately, is that "Barely
Heard" turns into "Oh My god that has a strong signal".

There are some great Quagi designs out there that would allow you to build
them for about $25 a shot.  A Radio shack rotator would be more than enough
to turn them.  ($70)  If you can't affor an elevation rotor..  Here is a
thought.  If you were to look at the beamwidth, I suspect you'd find that
they have at least 20 Degrees of "Visibility".  Even though I have an
elevation rotor, with the exception of passes over 40 Degrees, I seldom
adjust it.  If I had to pick something to permanently fix them at, I
suspect I'd go at about 30 degrees.

I've been down the road you're on.  I have felt your pain..

What part of PA are you in?  My wifes family lives in Ruffs Dale which
isn't all that far from Greensburg or Pittsburgh.  We're gonna be up there
more than likely next month.  If you need a hand with any of this, let me know.

Dave