Re: True rule

Dave,

At 08:03 AM 9/21/00 -0700, Dave Barrows wrote:
>While I understand that the true rule says tune the higher frequency only,
>it seems that this is seldom done.  Now, my experience is limited to cw
>contacts on FO-20 and FO-29, but it seems that when one station turns it
>over to the other, the second station moves his transmit frequency to
>roughly match the station that just  quit transmitting.

Good practice would have you do just that.  The compensation is needed
because each operator in a QSO, if separated by a large geographic
distance, will have a Doppler shift different than your's.  If you engage
in a multi-operator QSO on the linear birds, this technique is always
required to keep the "group" together.  Most seasoned operators make this
adjustment within the first few syllables, once the microphone is passed to
them.

73, Mike Gilchrist - kf4fdj@amsat.org
Fort Myers, FL