True rule

While I understand that the true rule says tune the higher frequency only, it seems that this is seldom done.  Now, my experience is limited to cw contacts on FO-20 and FO-29, but it seems that when one station turns it over to the other, the second station moves his transmit frequency to roughly match the station that just  quit transmitting.

Now, once a station is transmitting, he usually lets the frequency drift down the band so both stations tune the higher receive frequency.

I learned quickly that if I don't match up the other station's frequency, he loses me.

Dave W8IJ

Before you buy.