RE: FO29/RS13 compared to UO14 - Why?

> I think your issue with receiving FO-29 better could be that
> something is
> amiss with your preamps or that the people you hear are just
> keeping their
> transmitter power low so that they don't overload the bird.

My experience with FO-29 is that it is generally only a little weaker than
UO-14, but not much.  A UO-14 capable station should be able to hear most
FO-29 signals.

I have worked FO-29 successfully from a portable demo station without
preamps.  With a preamp on 70, it should be a doddle (especially since we
were running about 60' of RG-213! (eeek!) ).