Re: Off Subject HF related Question...

Ok, fine..  You guys have convinced me not to buy a darn Vertical.

I have decided to go small and roof mountable..  I know it's a big
compromise, but it allows me not to have to put up a tower quite yet.  I'm
going with the Mosley Mini 33.This is kind of another step towards
pacification of my neighbors anyway.  They're always outside asking
questions when I'm on the roof working on antennas.  Questions like - Is
that gonna fall???  ISn't that awefully big??

So far, no one from the city has shown up asking about the 30 Foot push up
mast in the back yard and the way the laws are written here, they could
theoretically give me a lot of crap about it.  (The law states that a
"Mast" is also considered a supporting structure.)  One of the principal
reasons for not wanting to erect a tower is the cities request that I up my
liability insurance to almost double what I'm carrying now.  Just for the
record, homeowners insurance in Texas is about 3 times what I've paid
anywhere else.  (120K Home with a 1% deductible is almost $900 a
year.  I've shopped around and they all seem about the same.)

So anyway, that has been the answer...  I will split the difference.  A
beam (Albeit a small one) for 20/15/10 and a rotatable dipole (Shortened)
for 40/80.

Dave