P3D testing

Does anyone know if during the transmitter/receiver testing they are
characterizing transponder gain ? In other words, if we know the receiver
gain and noise figure, the antenna gain, and the transmitter gain for each
band, we can assemble a matrix that would allow us to calculate a link
budget for various modes of operation. This is our last opportunity to get
this information. With it, we can make better estimations of how to use
different modes of operation through the satellite, including ones that
haven't been thought of or authorized yet.

I'm sure the teams schedule is a busy one and this indeed may already be
happening. In any event it would be useful information to make public at
some time after launch.

Howie
AB2S